Monday, January 10, 2011

Efflorescense: Is It Useful?

Today I am going to be talking about a little Druid Talent called Efflorescence. I do not currently have this talent into my build for multiple reasons I will be explaining below. I personally do not find it as a life saver or a useful place to add 6 talent points to. I have had people tell me that I could not be an top efficient raid healer without it. This is what I personally think on the subject.

Efflorescence: When you heal with your Swiftmend Spell you also lay a bed of flora underneath the target, healing all nearby friendly targets within 8 yards of 30% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend over 7 seconds. Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player beyond 6 within the area.

So let's break this down piece by piece.

Lay a bed of Flora underneath the target - This means that I have control over where I lay it. However I find myself most of the using it on tanks on 5 mans and 25-Mans recently since they are usually the ones that I have to heal quickly. And generally the tank is alone or only with his Off-tank within 8 yards. So that means once every 15 seconds or so only 2 people are being healed by the Efflorescence anyway. But if I want to lay the bed down for future raid healing, then I have to potentially waste a very valuable cooldown on someone who may not even need healing just for that one spell.

Healing All Nearby Friendly Targets Within 8 Yards - I know of very few fights where a lot of people are grouped up within 8 yards of each other. Theralion and Valiona is one but that is only for a moment because directly after Blackout takes place all raid members need to be more than 10 yards apart to not be clustered for Theralion's Twilight Bolts. So Efflorescence gets about a 2 or 3 second usage before it becomes completely run out of.

For 30% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend over 7 seconds -  I actually did math for this so listen up. Currently in full raid buffs (I actually ran around and got all different classes to buff me), Severed Sagefish Head Well Fed buff and Flask of the Draconic mind buff my Swiftmends were doing on average (I did Swiftmend enough times to where I had 10 non crit numbers and 10 crit numbers, add them in each column then divided by 10) 16,319 for non-critical heals and 31,762 for critical heals. 30% of each of those numbers is 4,895 and 9,528 respectively. Which means over 7 seconds each tick is healing for 699 Hit Points and 1,361 Hit Points respectively. And if the group is spreading out within two or three seconds that's 1,398 Hit Points Healed per Player and 2,722 Hit Points Healed per player. This does not count the fact that since 8 players, not including Bloodworms and Hunter/Warlock/Mage/Hunter/Death Knight pets, are standing in the healing circle hence dropping down the amount of HP healed drastically.

Healing Effectiveness Diminishes for Each Player Beyond 6 Within The Area - So in this specific encounter all 10 members of the raid are stacking onto each other, dropping down the total amount healed by 4. Pets, including Death Knight Tanks Bloodworms, are included in this calculation so if you have a Unholy Death Knight, a Hunter and a Warlock in your group who has both his regular pet and his extra Demon summoned thats six extra things being healed and taking away from your raid healing. 

One Last Thing, Full Efflorescence Takes Up 6 Talents - Yeah, that's right, six. So that means to get this extra 9,000 max healing across a maximum or 2 or 3 players per 15 seconds I need to remove 6 other talents from my current build. All of my current talents are put into mostly buffing my current spells instead of adding new ones and I honestly have looked through and could not find a single talent that was not useful to me.

So is 6 talents and 9,000 healing really worth it for a talent that will only be useful ever once in a Blue Moon. I say no. What are your thoughts on Efflorescence and its usefulness?

No comments:

Post a Comment