Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A New Wave of Healing

Cataclysm has officially been out for a week now and boy has it brought some changes.

The first few days I spent leveling and reached Level 85 mid-Thursday afternoon and after I reached the item level 329, I went headlong into Heroics. At the moment, Heroics are absolutely terrifying to me. People are very relentless to heroes and if we wipe once, I end up getting kicked because I couldn't heal everyone as they stood in fire. My guild is very hardcore on my server so a lot of my guildies are raid ready already. I still have a few more pieces that I need to pick up before my BiS healing set is complete. So now that a lot of them are already geared they won't run heroics anymore. So I have two choices; either run with the lower class players who are on alts/are not very good or PuG the Heroics. 

PuGing... Terrible! A lot of the groups are all guildies except for me. The tank and the other three DPS are all in the same guild, probably in vent talking, and I am the cross server healer. They know each other and I don't them. So when the tank pulls and the Boomkin hits Starfall and breaks the CC's and the Paladin DPS has already pulled threat and I'm crying because my mana is already gone. There's a wipe. I'm kicked because I couldn't keep them all up. 

True Situation: I got into a Heroic Deadmines and they were already on Foe Reaver. I had just moved my UI around a bit so that my Forte (which shows my HoT ticks and Clearcasting Procs) closer to my Grid so I could actually notice when my Omen of Clarity or my Lifebloom Procced. We pulled and we one shotted it with no deaths. The tank never dropped below 50% because I had Lifebloom up on him at all times and used Healing Touch whenever my Clearcasting Procced. We pull the next trash. They pulled 3 miners and 2 bunnies and the Palli DPS Divine Storm'd and broke all the CC's, pulled Aggro and we died. Before I could even run back from the inside DM Spirit Healer to the Entrance I was removed.

True Stiuation: Death Knight Tank and Mage DPS are running together. We finally get the first boss of Lost City of Tol'vir down. The next trash mob the Mage pulls the group and Ice Blocks and they reset, this is after he is almost dead. He then begins to bitch at me because I didn't heal him through his pull. I kind of blinked in shock. It was the first time I had encountered a DPS deliberately pulling in a Heroic. He then bitched at me for five minutes about how terrible a healer I was and that I needed to quit the game and go back into the kitchen and then I was removed.

Moral of these stories. Be patient with your healers. Coming from a healer; these dungeons are difficult. And we are also dealing with new mana issues. I used to be able to Rejuv everyone, throw Wild Growth out there and then go AFK. Now if I put out 5 Rejuv's I lose 28,000 mana. And if I look away from my Grid for more than six seconds the tank is dead. Now my three main heals are Lifebloom, Healing Touch and Nourish. ALL of those heals I NEVER used to use ever. So as a Resto Druid I am learning a new form of healing. And to kick a healer just because of a wipe is kind of ridiculous. Not only that but most of the raid damage is completely avoidable. So 99% of the time you are doing something wrong. And if there is unavoidable damage (Grand Vizier Ertan's Cyclone Suck In or Lord Godfrey's Strangulation) use your personal cooldowns to help with healing. I personally now have Barkskin on my main bar and use it often. Be patient with us, we're learning. And don't be a deliberate dick... Us who are trying to gear don't have time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment